Under the direction of Christipher Bailey, Burberry has charged full steam into a new paradigm of client experience with what the brand calls its Retail Theatre Concept, a hybrid world where digital installation fuses with traditional visual merchandising to create a fully immersive and brand-rich environment. Set prominently on the corner of Dayton and Rodeo, the new Burberry flagship features 4 floors of menswear, womenswear, accessories, beauty, and of course the iconic Trench. The space has been engineered to not only showcase the brand’s product offer, but also invite their client’s to truly experience the brand as a lifestyle through private, public, and event oriented spaces.
Features of the new boutique include:
- A building that celebrates Los Angeles with direct views out on to the city, and the Hollywood Hills, through 40 floor to ceiling glass windows and doors.
- The largest Burberry product range in Los Angeles, including Burberry Prorsum, Burberry London, Burberry Brit, Accessories and Burberry Beauty.
- Immersive audiovisual experiences via 10 video screens and 130 speakers throughout the store.
- A tailored and personal shopping experience with services including a mobile check-out and Customer 1-2-1 through which store associates can access customers’ unique preferences and shopping history.
- First in-store Burberry Beauty room in Los Angeles and the biggest Burberry Beauty area in the market, featuring the full Burberry fragrance and make up collections with specialist Burberry Beauty consultants offering personalised appointments.
- Burberry Penthouse: A private suite on the top floor of the store, with its own dedicated entrance and direct access to a garden rooftop terrace, has been designed to offer the ultimate personalised and intimate shopping experience for Burberry customers. The suite comprises a fitting room, serviced pantry, bathroom and dressing room. The space features a separately controllable digital screen and music for this area. The suite is also designed as an events space, with 360 degree views overlooking Hollywood.
- The Rodeo Drive Exclusives: an exclusive limited edition collection of mens and womens ready-to-wear, eveningwear and accessories, including the iconic trench coat, to celebrate the launch of the store.
In coordination with the store launch, Christopher Bailey also unveiled the Burberry Rodeo Drive Walk of Style plaque, which commemorates the contribution the brand has made to the fashion industry and its connection with the city’s entertainment community. Photographer Mario Testino presented the honour to Christopher Bailey.
Last week, Burberry also launched Art of the Trench in Los Angeles, bringing its digital platform to life for the first time in the city, celebrating its dynamic creative communities. Through the most interactive execution of the platform to date, a selection of Los Angeles’ established and emerging talent from the music, art, fashion, film and sport worlds, were captured wearing their iconic trench coats throughout the city exclusively on iPhone, in celebration of the pioneering spirit of the Burberry trench coat and those who wear it. Portraits of the 40 Angelenos shot by Instagram and VSCO photographers for Art of the Trench, are available to view across Burberry global social platforms including Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Sina Weibo.
BURBERRY 301 North Rodeo Drive +310.550.4500